Here's the recipe...
Homemade Power Bars
3/4 c honey
1 c chunky peanut butter
3 c whole oats
1 t vanilla
1/4 c shelled sunflower seeds
1/2 c chocolate chips
Optional: raisins or craisins
1. Combine honey and peanut butter in a medium saucepan. Heat
on low until runny and mixed well.
2. Remove from heat and stir in oats, vanilla, sunflower seeds and
3. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
4. Pour mixture into greades 9X13 baking pan.
5. Refrigerate until hardened.
6. Slice into bars and store in a cool, dry place.
I imagine you could also include other types of nuts ( I didn't have
sunflower seeds so I used sliced almonds) or include some flax seed
or whatever... just as long as you don't get so much other stuff in
there that there's not enough peanut butter and honey to hold it
together... or just add more of those things.
Enjoy. Jessica wants me to make more.