1 to 3 turkey neck skinned
all giblets (not the liver)
1 med. onion, quartered
Some cellery leaves
1 tsp. salt (broth)
2 tsp. salt (gravy)
1 ½ qt. Water
1/3 cup flour
1. Place neck and giblets in a 2 quart sauce pan. Add onion, celery leaves and salt Cover with water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer one hour or until giblets are tender.
3. Drain, reserving broth, and discard onion and celery. Also discard
giblets if desired.
4. Pull meat from neck and coarsely chop ( along with giblets if used)
and refrigerate until turkey is done.
5. When turkey is done, pour pan drippings into a 4 cup measuring cup.
Let stand a few minutes until fat is separated from meat juice.
(place in Refrigerator for a few minutes)
6. Skim 1/3 cup of fat from drippings and place in a 2 quart sauce pan.
Skim off and discard any remaining fat from drippings.
7. Add reserved broth (#3 above) to make 4 cups. Add water or chicken broth if necessary. (This is the meat juice mixture noted below)
8. Using the sauce pan with fat (#6 above) and over medium heat, stir
in flour and 2 tsp. salt and stir until well blended.
9. Gradually stir in meat juice mixture (#7 above) while cooking and stir
constantly until mixture thickens.
10. Add meat and heat thoroughly.