From Cuisine at Home magazine.
2 C roma tomatoes, seeded, diced
2 C onions, sliced
1/2 C pimento-stuffed olives, chopped
1/2 C cilantro, chopped
1/2 C Jalapeños, seeded, sliced
3 T lime juice, fresh
2 T capers, drained
4 filets halibut (about 6 oz. each)
6 T EVOO
1 T garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 t thyme
1/4 c chicken broth.
1. combine tomatoes, olives, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice and capers.
2. Season fish with a little s & p. Dredge one side in flour.
3. Heat oil in a large oven-proof saute pan over med/high heat. Add fish and saute about 3 minutes or
until browned. Remove and set aside.
4. Add onion, garlic, bay leaves and thyme to pan and saute 3 minutes. Stir in broth to deglaze and then
add half the tomato mixture.
5. Nestle filets into the tomato mixture and roast in oven 5 - 7 minutes
Remove from heat, discard Bay Leaves.
Serve remaining tomato mixture over filets.